Saturday 27 April 2013

My first week

Hi Everyone,

I've been with my new family for a week now, and so far it's all been good. I've gained a kilogram already and have grown a bit taller ... this has taken a lot of commitment, and I've had to do a lot of eating and sleeping to reach this milestone.

I've been learning new things too - like how to wear a collar (check out how cute I look in my new collar) and how to walk on a lead. It's lots of fun, except that sometimes I can't go where I want to, especially when I want to find some kangaroo poo to eat. The humans get a bit cross when I eat roo poo - they say that's disgusting but I think it tastes interesting.

I really like this red rug by the way. I love carrying all of my toys over to the rug and hiding them under the glass coffee table.

I've also been learning about being groomed. Craig and Jude give me a brush for a few minutes every day - it feels especially tickly on my belly and it makes my back legs jiggle. My favourite part is when I steal the brush and run away with it. I'd like to brush my own hair, but it's hard to hold a brush if you don't have a thumb!

Today we went for a drive in the car. I like looking out of the window, but when the road is bumpy it makes me feel a bit queasy, and I pant and yawn. I was glad when we got home - Jude was glad I didn't throw up on her. The humans tell me that one day when I'm a big dog, I'll love going in the car. I can't imagine that!

I'm in the study now, trying to help Jude with her work. As you can see, I'm trying to learn how to open her computer bag - it's very tricky though because it has clips and velcro. For the time being I am concentrating on chewing the straps! I think she'll really like that sort of help.


This afternoon we went for a walk to the end of the paddock. It seemed really far to me, but I enjoyed frolicking along with my ears flapping and saw lots of kangaroo poo, which I tried to eat. Jude keeps on pulling it out of my mouth - I wonder if she wants it for herself? Anyway, I was really clever. All the time we were walking I concentrated really hard - and didn't add to the poo collection in the paddock, preferring to wait until I got back inside! Very tired now - must sleep ... leaning on Jude's foot ... zzz zz  z

Woofs, Toby




No comments:

Post a Comment