Friday 12 April 2013

A busy week ...

It's been a busy week! I've been madly growing, and getting ready to move in with my new family. I'm told that my brothers and I are really cute - you can see a picture of the four of us heading out of our transporter on an adventure. I'm the one at the front of the crowd on the right - you can tell it's me by the white mark on the back of my neck (put there because the humans aren't too bright and can't tell us apart very well).
My human family have been busy too, getting ready for me . 
So far they have:
  •  installed a puppy safety gate and added garden trellis to the stair banister rails, so I won't fall down the stairs. It's not that I'm stupid or anything - it's just in case I am running really really really fast and don't notice where I'm going. I'll soon be big enough to go up and down the stairs on my own - then we can take it all down again - lots of fun for the humans ... and I'll probably help too. :P

  • bought me a nice comfy bed and play pen. Don't worry that the bed looks too nice and clean - I'll soon sort that out. The play pen has a special front door for me - so I'll be able to get in and out to my bed during the day when I need a nap. 


  • bought me some toys - so that I have something I can play with and chew up without getting into trouble. I suspect that Jude was enjoying the shopping  rather than thinking about what I needed ... at least she found a toy that has a good colour scheme - for an Airedale. Uncle Ted has let me have some of his favourite old toys too. I think I will especially enjoy playing with his reindeer toy. 

  • I'm relieved to see that they have bought me some food bowls (and food is in the cupboard too). I'm a growing boy - will probably be very hungry on a regular basis. The humans are thinking about being careful about closing their wardrobe doors and not leaving things on the floor when I arrive so that I can't chew shoes and handbags - too bad really, I think that would be very soothing for me when I'm teething. 

  • And last but not least, I've got a lovely soft leather collar waiting for me - ready for those times when I need to go out for a comfort stop in the middle of the night. Craig thinks that if I don't have a collar on I might run away - as if I would!!! Unless I had an emergency and had to chase a kangaroo or something ... 
One more week to go before I move to my new home. I should have better access to the internet then, so that I can update my blog more often. It's quite hard to update it at the moment - I have to sneak out of the puppy barn (at the breeder's place) at night, find my hidden iPad, fire up a browser and report in - all without waking my mother Melba, who would be very cross if she knew I was out so late.

Well, it's getting late now, so back to my warm bed.

Woofs,
Toby


No comments:

Post a Comment