Sunday 5 May 2013

Week Two

Hi, it's me again. Sorry it has been a while since my last post - I have to wait my turn to use the computer, and sometimes the humans want to use it too which slows things down a bit ...

It has been a big week for me this week. I suddenly noticed that when I do my business outside I get a treat! Now I think I may have mentioned before that I'm virtually starving, so topping up on treats is a great idea. I'm learning to do a funny little run when I need to go out - most of the time the humans notice and hurry to take me outside ... I do my bit then I get a treat. I think I am so clever. The humans think so too ...

I've been feeling a lot more confident in my new home this week. I've instituted 'crazy critter' time - that's when I run around like crazy and make trouble for about 20 minutes just before it gets dark each night. Last night during crazy time I bit Jude on the thumb - it hurt so much that she nearly cried. She says it still hurts today, and the discomfort is making her type slowly - what a whinger huh!  Today during crazy critter time I taught myself to go under the couch, and crawl like a commando from one end to the other, really fast. As there is only about 2 centimentres between the bottom of the couch and my back, the humans were getting very nervous about me getting stuck - but I came through fast - I have no fear. When  I crawled through the second time I tried to bite Jude's foot from under the couch - like a tiger - but she saw me coming and got away.

Well, I have no fear except when it comes to going in the car - then I'm a bit frightened. Today the humans strapped my into a big dog harness thing and plugged one end of it into the seat-belt receptacle on the back seat. I sat up on my special dog blanket (it used to belong to Uncle Teddy) and I looked really cute and cool, but when Craig started driving I realised that I really needed to sit on Jude's lap. Only because the road was bumpy you understand. Anyway, I've decided that I don't really like the harness thing.

It has been really cold this weekend. When the humans take me outside for toilet breaks they have been wearing big coats and scarves and even hats to keep warm. Jude got to thinking that Uncle Ted used to have a coat when he was little, and - this is one of the things I hate about obsessively organised people - she could find it. She made me try it on and took a photo. She said I look cute - I think the coat is very hot (and I made it very difficult for her to take the photo) so I try to take it off as quickly as I can - he he he. I've been working on undoing the velcros straps all day - I'm really good at it now.

This week I weighed 5.4 kilograms - that means I put on 1 kg again this week. Quite an achievement huh! I won't be able to fit under the couches for much longer at this rate.

Well I'd better go - I have to try to bludge some more food.
Woofs! Toby

No comments:

Post a Comment