Sunday 26 May 2013

Twelve weeks and counting ...

Woof-oh and hi. I've been super busy lately - I got my 12 week old puppy vaccination injections last Wednesday. Craig took me to the visit the Vet, and it was pretty far away in Broadford. Everything was OK, and I was very brave about getting my injections, but I didn't like having my toenails cut! I liked seeing all the other dogs and cats in the waiting room, but it was a bit scary going through the gardens outside the Vet's place ...

This week I have been learning to climb down stairs (I'm quite fearless about going up you know). It's pretty hard because my legs aren't quite long enough to reach more than one step at a time, and my body is a bit too big to fit onto a single step easily. I have to concentrate hard. So does Craig - he helps me get down the stairs ... He says soon I will be able to go up and down the stairs on my own, and go out through the dog door into the backyard whenever I like - I'm not sure if that will be as much fun as having him or Jude take me out to the front yard ... where I can hunt for kangaroo poo (he he he).

We had friends visit us yesterday - Mike, Isabella and Amelia. I luuurve Amelia (Milly) - she only has to look at me and it makes my tail wag! Milly brought me a toy ... it's a banana man with lots of bits of rope for me to chew, plus a squeaker in the tummy. I love it! She also came outside with me when I needed to pee, and she gave me a treat for being so clever - she really thinks I'm cute even though she says I am a bit jumpy and bitey.


When Craig was tidying up, getting ready for the visitors, he got the bright idea of buying a box to put all my toys into. I don't like this idea - I need speedy access to my toys at all times. I've been trying to work out how to break my toys out of the container - yesterday I climbed in and tossed my favourites over the side, but it was quite hard to get out again. This morning I've been trying to eat them to safety. It's not going so well - I keep getting distracted. Every time I go to sleep somehow all of my toys magically get back into the box. I'm going to give this some serious thought ...

I've been helping out around the house again today. Craig had hung my towels up over the stair rails to dry off (they got damp from drying me off when we got wet going outside for toilet breaks) and I thought it was about time someone took them down and started folding them up and putting them away. Have a look a the photos below and you'll see what a great job I did with the housework.
Folding up the towels ... 

How cute am I?

I'm still working on the eating, sleeping and growing thing - I'm about 7kgs now! This week I can start going for big dog walks - yay! I'll probably have a lot of new adventures to tell you about next week.

Woofs, Toby.

1 comment:

  1. By the way we may have commented in the wrong post for our weekend trip. Hope you looked after you dad on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete