Sunday 12 May 2013

I'm getting bigger ....

Well, I've had a huge week. I've put on another kilogram in weight (6.5kg yesterday)  - amazing given that I am always feeling hungry ... I'm also learning to be a lot more independent, especially in the back yard and I'm learning lots of new skills.

Yesterday I climbed up all of the stairs on the inside staircase, all by myself. A human was walking close behind me but I didn't need any help. There are 15 steps (I counted them), so that was quite an achievement. Jude won't let me go down the stairs on my own yet - she says I know no fear, and would probably just jump from the top step ... sounds like fun, I don't know what she's worrying about.

Today was Mother's Day - two big things happened as a result:
  1. Yesterday I had my first bath - so that I would smell nice when we visited Jude's mum. The humans put me in the kitchen sink which was filled with warm soapy water. There were lots of bubbles - I tried biting them but they just disappeared. Anyway, I was very brave, and didn't cry of try to escape or anything.  Afterwards I got rubbed with dry towels and got lots of attention, so that was fun-ish. 
  2. Today I went all the way to Ballarat and back all by myself on the back seat of the car. I was  wearing my big dog harness ... it was really a bit scary but I was very well behaved. No crying - but I did hide my face between the seat and the door a few times. The humans were very happy that I wasn't sick.


The visit to Ballarat went well. I was on my best behaviour ... pulled all my cutest poses, but those dogs have forgotten how to play. They kept well away from me - but they did wag their tails at me.  There were humans in Ballarat too - but I was focusing on the two dogs. They looked very big but I wasn't scared. I showed them some of my dance moves but they just walked away shaking their heads. Maybe next time?  The good news was that they donated some of their old toys to me. Now I have two balls to chase - and when I catch them they make very loads squeaks! I love the new toys - my humans aren't so sure that they are a good thing.

I bought my human mum a card and present - had to send Craig into the shops to buy her the gift - an orange wallet.  Jude was very impressed because orange is her favourite colour - plus it was a very nice card. She gave me big hugs - I gave her a quick bite to bring her back to reality! 

Other exciting news - I found a new pair of Jude's shoes with laces that I haven't chomped before. I got stuck into them and have munched up the end of the laces really well - the hard bits at either end of the laces are the bits I like the most, I think they are called 'aglets'. I'm working on my vocabulary ... some 'expert' said that when I grow up I will know about 200 words - I'm aiming for 500 cos I am very clever.


So it has been a big exciting day - and now it's time I went to bed. 
Woofs, Toby

No comments:

Post a Comment