Saturday 20 June 2015

Winter is here!

Jude took me for a walk this morning and it was VERY cold. When we left the house the apparent temperature was -0.1 degrees C. Not too bad for me because I have a lovely warm fur coat, but Jude said it was cold for humans. She recently bought a knee length down coat, so she put that on, plus a woolly hat, gloves, thick socks, a scarf etc - it was a miracle that she could even walk with so many clothes on. 

We went for a bit of an adventure walk - along the edge of Lake Grenfell and up the hill to the Northern Paddock. I've never been up there before, and I found lots of great new smells. I saw some wombat holes (Jude wouldn't let me go in and check them out - mean of her don't you think? She said something about the wombats crushing me ... hah! )

We walked past a house we haven't walked past before, and the dog who lives there barked VERY crossly at me coming so close to his property. I kept Jude between him and me - not that I was nervous or anything ... I just didn't want him to be jealous of my handsomeness!

Anyway, the cool weather must have invigorated Jude because we kept walking, and walking and walking! After the first 5 kilometres or so I tried to give her the clue that I was getting tired by staring intently at every car that drove past ... but she was a bit slow on the uptake. 

The coat kept Jude quite warm - she had to unzip it and walk along with it open after a while - but it didn't keep her face warm. When we got home and inside where it was warm she got pins and needles in her face when the circulation returned - she said it felt like she'd had a massive dental injection that had worn off. I say good job for torturing me by making me walk so far!

I'm off to bed now for a good long sleep.
Woofs,
Toby

PS: This photo shows the weather a few days earlier - it was even colder that day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment