Saturday 6 September 2014

Repelling uninvited guests

I had a bit of a shock this morning. I was happily dozing after having taken Jude for a long, brisk early morning walk (whether she liked it or not) when I got the sense that something wasn't right. I was shocked to find Jude lying on MY big blue pillow on the floor reading a magazine! She had some crazy story about it being her pillow originally ... What the?

I tried several strategies to get her off the pillow:


  • I stood on the page of the magazine she was tryng to read - that was a tip from Charlie, the cat next door which didn't work, but what else would you expect from a cat? Jude just laughed and said what lovely big hairy feet I had.


  • I tried chewing the corners off each page of the magazine as she turned the pages. That made her laugh too - she said it was just a rag from the newspaper and she really didn't care as long as I spat out the paper eventually!


  • I tried sitting on Jude, but the slope of the pillow made this too uncomfortable for me


  • I tried burrowing my head in under her shoulder - I was trying the flip her off the pillow but she just thought I was being loving and snuggling up to her - I ask you, how dumb can people be? 

Eventually Jude finished reading the magazine and got up to make herself a cup of tea ... Ah ha!! At last I had an chance to regain possession. No way is she getting back on MY pillow! 





And I will keep a careful watch on her reading habits from now on.

Woofs,
Toby

No comments:

Post a Comment