Sunday 23 June 2013

Enormous!

It's official - I'm almost a big dog! This weekend Craig and Jude noticed that I can hardly fit in my puppy bed any more ... there's certainly no room for manoeuvre. So they have moved me into Uncle Teddy's old bed - and it's enormous. It takes up almost all the room in my play pen, and even though it has been washed and everything, I think it smells like someone else's bed. I'm not sure if I'm happy about this move or not. I'll leave it to you to make up your own mind, based on my expression.

Puppy class went well this week. I think the Shepherd girls are falling for me. Molly pretends that I annoy her by trying to play with her and snaps at me. Tea hides under the seats when ever she sees me approaching. I think this is a certain sign that they are falling for me ... I'm still the tallest puppy, and I think I do the best sits. My other tricks are coming along really well too - for example, I can now sit and wait for my meals for anything up to 1 minute until Craig says 'OK'.

This week I weighed in at 13.4kg. I don't know how I can be gaining weight when I always feel hungry.

Jude and I went for big walks again this weekend. The weather was really nice (to me anyway) - very cool but not raining. This gave me heaps of energy to jump around like a crazy boy. The things I most enjoyed picking up during today's walk were: an empty paper cup, a huge chunk of firewood and a golf ball. The wood was too heavy to carry far, so I had to abandon that. I left it in the middle of the road, but Jude thought people might run it over and damage their car, so she picked it up and threw it under the trees. The paper cup blew away when I threw it up into the air - I had done this several times and successfully caught it, but that didn't work the last time, and Jude wouldn't let me chase it (sometimes she is mean!). Jude brought the golf ball home and put it in a jar for when anyone comes to stay who likes playing golf.

So everything is good with me. I narrowly avoided a bath today when Jude saw that my tummy was a bit grubby - lucky it was such a cold day (which put Jude off the idea for some strange reason).

I'll be back as soon as I have something important to tell you.
Woof-oh.
Toby

No comments:

Post a Comment